Ralph Victor Folarin, aka Wale, recently made a pit stop in his hometown Washington DC to host an exclusive album listening session for his next project entitled “The Gifted”. With CIROC bottles and blue dots all over, Wale shared his intimate, articulate album track by track. Slated to release on June 25th, Wale explained how the track listing came to fruition and that "The Gifted" may be his best work yet. During the intimate setting, Wale mentioned how the Bad (Remix) came to fruition. He spoke on how Rihanna and himself were in a NYC Club and they toyed with the idea of a Bad (Remix). Considering that the #1 Record, Bad feat. Tiara Thomas was in heavy rotation on Urban Contemporary Radio, they both left the club and went right to the recording studio; 5 hours later, the remix was complete.
Even though the official release date for “The Gifted” is June 25th, Wale teamed up with iTunes to allow fans and listeners an opportunity to stream his highly anticipated album a week early. The project hosts 16 tracks and features guest appearances from Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa, and many more.
Stream Wale's entire album via iTunes HERE.
1. The Curse of the Gifted
2. LoveHate Thing (Feat. Sam Dew)
4. Heaven’s Afternoon (Feat. Meek Mill)
5. Golden Salvation (Jesus Piece)
7. Gullible (Feat. Cee-Lo Green)
8. Bricks (Feat. Yo Gotti & Lyfe Jennings)
9. Clappers (Feat. Nicki Minaj & Juicy J)
10. Bad (Remix) (Feat. Rihanna)
11. Tired of Dreaming (Feat. Ne-Yo & Rick Ross)
12. Rotation (Feat. Wiz Khalifa & 2 Chainz)
13. Simple Man
15. Black Heroes / Outro About Nothing (Feat. Jerry Seinfeld)
16. Bad (Feat. Tiara Thomas)